Sometimes, the two-horse races at the Academy Awards are just as hard to call as the categories that are simply up in the air. This race is one of those cases.
I’ll begin with a dark horse selection. “Simple Song #3,” from the Michael Caine vehicle Youth. It is a beautiful song, but it is failing to supplant the buzz of two other songs in the category.
These songs are Continue reading 2016 Academy Awards Predictions – Best Original Song
- “Glory” Common, John Legend — Selma
- “Lost Stars” Gregg Alexander, Danielle Brisebois — Begin Again
- “Everything is Awesome” Shawn Patterson — The Lego Movie
- “Grateful” Diane Warren — Beyond the Lights
- “I’m Not Gonna Miss You” Glen Campbell, Julian Raymond — Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me
Continue reading 2015 Academy Award Predictions — Best Original Song