June is about to get a facelift at the box office thanks to the major release of the new Pixar film Finding Dory. The multi-demo-hitting film will easily take number one this weekend, and it could best its predecessor financially given its positive reception.
The other new wide release this weekend, the Kevin Hart-Dwayne Johnson action comedy Central Intelligence, will likely take second with its star credibility and lack of other first-week competition. However, The Conjuring 2 is looking to have a healthy second weekend, as well.
Box Office Predictions: Weekend of 6/17
- Finding Dory – $110 million
- Central Intelligence – $38 million
- The Conjuring 2 – $20 million
- Now You See Me 2 – $12 million
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows – $7.5 million
As always, thanks for reading!
Like CineFiles on Facebook for updates on new articles and reviews.
—Alex Brannan (@TheAlexBrannan)