With a whimper, we leave Summer 2017 behind. After a dismal August at the box office, we are prepared to move into the Fall movie season.
This said, let’s dwell on the recent past for a bit longer and take a look at the best and worst films of the Summer, ordered chronologically by release date.
The tongue-in-cheek TV series adaptation Baywatch just doesn’t feel Continue reading Top 9 Best & Worst Movies of Summer 2017
Box Office Breakdown: Weekend of August 18
- The Hitman’s Bodyguard – $21.6 million
- Annabelle: Creation – $15.5 million
- Logan Lucky – $8.05 million
- Dunkirk – $6.7 million
- The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature – $5.1 million
- The Emoji Movie – $4.35 million
- Spider-Man: Homecoming – $4.25 million
- Girls Trip – $3.84 million
- The Dark Tower – $3.72 million
- Wind River – $3.02 million
Another grueling August weekend at the domestic box office in the books. Summer 2017 is looking to Continue reading Weekend Box Office Breakdown: August 18 – 20
Box Office Results: Weekend of August 11
- Annabelle: Creation – $35 million
- Dunkirk – $11.4 million
- The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature – $8.93 million
- The Dark Tower – $7.87 million
- The Emoji Movie – $6.6 million
- Girls Trip – $6.52 million
- Spider-Man: Homecoming – $6.1 million
- Kidnap – $5.22 million
- The Glass Castle – $4.87 million
- Atomic Blonde – $4.57 million
August continues to be a slow month at the box office. The latest in the Conjuring franchise, Annabelle: Creation took number one, earning over Continue reading Weekend Box Office Breakdown: August 11 – 13
Last weekend was the slowest of the Summer, financially. The Dark Tower topped the list with an under-performing $19 million. Can it hold on to its crown with three new movies on the horizon: Annabelle: Creation, The Nut Job 2, and The Glass Castle?
Box Office Predictions: Weekend of 8/11
Continue reading Weekend Box Office Predictions: August 11 – 13
Box Office Results: Weekend of August 4
- The Dark Tower – $19.5 million
- Dunkirk – $17.6 million
- The Emoji Movie – $12.35 million
- Girls Trip – $11.41 million
- Kidnap – $10.21 million
- Spider-Man: Homecoming – $8.8 million
- Atomic Blonde – $8.24 million
- Detroit – $7.25 million
- War for the Planet of the Apes – $6 million
- Despicable Me 3 – $5.28 million
August is off to a slow start in 2017, with a season low estimated cume. Newcomer The Dark Tower leads the pack with Continue reading Weekend Box Office Breakdown: August 4 – 6
Over the course of his prolific pop-literary career, Stephen King has published eight novels under the heading of The Dark Tower series. The series is a dense genre-bending tale of The Gunslinger, brimming with a desolate Western vibe and fantasy tropes.
The Dark Tower, the long-awaited film adaptation being helmed here by Nikolaj Arcel, is 95 minutes long. It merely skims over that Western vibe to focus on the six shooters and the giant lasers.
You might already see Continue reading The Dark Tower (2017) Movie Review
I’m about a month late to this game, but, you know, life gets in the way sometimes. Who are you to judge? This said, I am cheating a bit with a month’s worth of data already available.
Either way, it is time to take a look at what Hollywood blockbusters will top the domestic box office in Summer 2017 (Summer 2017 in this case encompassing the period between the first weekend in May and Labor Day weekend). Shall we?
The Top Ten: Continue reading 2017 Summer Box Office Predictions