The 2018 crop of Best Original Score nominees is mainly comprised of familiar faces to the Academy: Williams, Desplat, Zimmer, etc. That said, there’s one newcomer to the Oscar-nominee club that could shake things up in this category.
The Danish Girl, from director Tom Hooper, revolves around painter Einar Wegener (Eddie Redmayne) in 1920s Copenhagen. Einar undergoes a struggle with gender identity that threatens to compromise his career and his marriage with his wife Gerda (Alicia Vikander).
Calculated shot choices and Desplat’s lightly vibrant score accompany a Continue reading The Danish Girl (2015) Movie Review
- The Grand Budapest Hotel — Alexandre Desplat
- The Imitation Game — Alexandre Desplat
- Interstellar — Hans Zimmer
- Mr. Turner — Gary Yershon
- The Theory of Everything — Johann Johannsson